Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HMNZS Achilles - Albert Bowers



During my research into the family tree, I made contact with a distant relative from Oregon, USA, who was the daughter of Albert Bowers. During a recent chat with my Uncle Harry, he showed me a little book, where he had all his football results from the early 1940's. The article was from the Congleton Chronicle, so I went to the local library to trawl through the microfish, and found a front page entry, or Albert Bowers:
Well I also knew that after the Battle of the River Plate, Albert went withthe ship to NewZealand for a heroes welcome and the homecoming was captured on film and showed at the local cinema in Tunstall, Stoke on Trent. Well where do you go next, I though I would try YOUTUBE, and you guessed it. The clip was on the site, here it is:
1940 HMNZS Achilles returns Home

No comments: